The University of Northern Iowa has formed the UNI Sustainability Action Committee charged with identifying, considering, and recommending strategies that will enhance environmental awareness and energy conservation efforts on campus. The specific objectives of this committee include:
- Engage the university community (students, faculty, staff) in identifying ways to reduce energy/energy related costs.
- Complete an environmental audit of the campus identifying what the university is currently doing and/or can do to reduce energy.
- Identify best practices in higher education for attaining energy efficiency and sustainable operations.
- Develop a plan to promote sustainability activities and practices on campus and in partnership with the Cedar Valley community through education, outreach, and publicity.
- Participate with other Regents' universities in information exchange on ways to move toward an environmentally sustainable future.
- Identify ways to adopt the ten tenets of the Talloires Declaration, a document that was created in 1990 in Talloires, France to guide each signatory institution around the world to "become a sustainable university."
- Establish policies and procedures that emphasize resource conservation, and environmentally sound practices.
- Seek external grants for environmental projects.
Questions or Comments?
|Courtney Massey||Student Body Representative|
|Bri Devin||Student Body Representative|
|Faculty and Staff|
|Jennifer Bruss||Recycling & Reuse Tech Transfer Center|
|Gowri Betrabet Gulwadi||Applied Human Sciences|
|Kamyar Enshyan||Center for Energy & Environmental Education|
|Chad Heinzel||Earth Science|
|Marty Mark||ITS-CIO's Office & Institutional Research|
|Alicia Rosburg||Economics Department|
|Dean Shoars||Environmental Health & Safety|
|Kelly Stark||Energy Engineering|
|John Streicher||Energy Engineering|
|Michael Zwanziger||Physical Plant Administration|
|Brian Hadley||Physical Plant|
|Pete Olson||Cedar Falls Utilities|
|Michael Childers||Provost’s Sustainability Fellow|
|Eric O'Brien||Administration & Finance|