Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 7:00 pm to Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 7:00 pm
Jazz Camp Curriculum
- Combo Rehearsals: Rehearse with your combo twice a day.
- Instrumental Master Classes: Group instructions on your instrument, provided by a working professional.
- Theory and Improvisation (taught in three levels):
- Level I: Focus on key signatures, scales and chord spelling
- Level II: Concentrate on chord extensions, harmonic analysis and basic chord substitution
- Level III: Tailored to meet the needs of advanced students enrolled (small section)
- Ear Training and Transcription: Activities such as interval and chord identification, transcription and guided listening
- Faculty and Student Concerts
- Jam Sessions
- Recreational Activities and much more!
Ages: High school students, those going into 10th grade and above
Cost: Resident Camper - $500 if postmarked by May 1; $535 after May 1
Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center