Greece: American College of Greece
The American College of Greece (ACG) is located in one of the world’s most renowned and safe cities. Its idyllic campus is the springboard for exploring Athens and the nearby Greek islands. ACG is the largest American college or university in Europe and a truly international learning community. Students in virtually any academic major can find courses to apply towards graduation in their home institution. All classes at ACG are taught in English.
ACG is considered an exchange program so UNI students will be UNI resident tuition for this study abroad program.
Dates & Deadlines
Term: Spring 2024
Application Deadline: Sunday, October 1, 2023
Program Dates: Wednesday, January 10 - Friday, April 26, 2024
Term: Summer 2024
Application Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2024
Program Dates: Monday, May 17 - Tuesday, June 18 or Tuesday, June 25 - Thursday, July 25, 2024
The city of Athens holds some of the most celebrated history in the world. Athens is inextricably tied to Greek mythology and home to many of the world’s remaining ancient sites. This captivating capital of Greece is home to 4.5 million people and is the birthplace of democracy. Today, Athens is a sprawling metropolis blending the ancient with the modern. Whether you are drawn to exploring the Acropolis or enjoying a leisurely frappe in chic Kolonaki, Athens offers something for everyone.
Affordable and lively, Athens is a city of many facets, ideal for young people who would like to experience the broad range of activities that it has to offer. Visits to archeological sites and beaches, and day trips to nearby islands and quaint towns — you can do it all here! Athens is also famous, more than any other European capital, for its nightlife. Taverns, cafes, clubs and bars stay open late as Athenians know how to relax and have fun well into the dawn.
DEREE – The American College of Greece offers more than 21 majors, 32 minors, and over 1,000 courses each academic year. There are courses available in the following areas listed below. Course descriptions are located here. Some of the major fields of study are:
- Fine Arts
- Social Sciences
Courses follow the US credit and grading scale. UNI Students will receive their final schedule for the semester upon arrival during orientation. Students typically take 4-5 classes.
Credit Equivalents/Grade Conversion
American credit and grading system. Ex. 3 credit course at ACG is equal to a 3 credit UNI course, and 90-100 is an A, etc...
Estimated Program Cost: $15,628*
*estimated total cost of participation, actual amount depends on type of housing accommodation selected, actual airfare purchase price, personal spending habits, and other factors
|Estimated Total Program Cost||$15,628|
|Estimated U-bill Charges||$5,254|
|Estimated Out-of-Pocket Costs||$10,374|
Cost of Studying On Campus at UNI*
*per semester, estimated, will vary per person
|Tuition & Fees||$4,527|
|Room & Board||$4,580|
Eligibility Requirements to Study Abroad
The Study Abroad Center reserves the right to determine participants' eligibility to study abroad. Students must have a completed study abroad application, including supportive recommendation form(s). Additionally, students must meet all of the following in order to be eligible to study abroad:
- Have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher at the time of application and maintain this cumulative GPA prior to departure and throughout the study abroad process
- If your cumulative GPA is lower than 2.5, submit the following to the Study Abroad Center (103 East Bartlett):
- Letters of reference from two academic contacts (e.g. academic advisor and former or current professor) supporting your pursuit of study abroad. If you are attending a faculty-led study abroad program, one of the letters must be from a course leader. However, if the program has two course leaders, only one of the letters can be from one of the course leaders.
- Must be over the age of 18 years old
- Must meet the course prerequisites (participation in the program is dependent upon meeting these)
- Must be in good standing with the university
- UNI's partner institutions may require additional eligibility requirements to be met, these vary from institution to institution. Please consult with the Study Abroad Center staff to discuss these additional requirements, if applicable.
- Applicants traveling to a region of a country or a country with an overall Travel Advisory Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or 4 (Do Not Travel) will not be eligible.