Spain: Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Barcelona is Spain's second largest city, as well as the capital city of the autonomous community of Catalonia. At Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), students will have the option to live and study at a top-ranking school. At UAB, classes are held within an enriching international environment. Students take classes through their Pre-Established Program during the summer term.
Dates & Deadlines
Term: Spring 2024
App Deadline: Sunday, October 1, 2023
Program Dates: Thursday, January 11 to Wednesday, April 24, 2024
Term: Summer 2024
App Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2024
Program Dates: May 13 to May 30, 2024 or June 3 to July 11, 2024
Barcelona has long been considered a tourist destination and a worldwide cultural hub, offering fine food, art, literature, and architecture, as well as a rich and diverse history. The UAB is located just 25 minutes by public transport from the center of Barcelona, a cosmopolitan metropolis on the Mediterranean coast. The UAB campus in Bellaterra is the University’s main campus.
Barcelona is among the world’s best cities in classifications of quality of life, safety, and fairness. Barcelona has established itself as a prestigious brand identified with aspects such as creativity, talent, quality of life, modernity and economic, technical and social progress.
The UAB is renowned for its research excellence and the quality of its teaching, being a benchmark center in Europe.
Students can take classes through UAB’s Pre-Established Program. This is a study abroad program offered by UAB that allows students to improve their Spanish language skills and/or study in different subject areas. Offered in a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the city center of Barcelona, it is a chance to experience a great city and study towards your major.
UNI students studying within the College of Business can have the unique opportunity to work on 6 credits towards their major or electives.
Information on course offerings can be found here.
Estimated Program Cost: $12,171*
*estimated total cost of participation, actual amount depends on type of housing accommodation selected, actual airfare purchase price, personal spending habits, and other factors
|Estimated Total Program Cost||$12,171|
|Estimated U-bill Charges||$4,732|
|Estimated Out-of-Pocket Costs||$7,438|
Cost of Studying On Campus at UNI*
*per semester, estimated, will vary per person
|Tuition & Fees||$4,864|
|Room & Board||$4,824|
Eligibility Requirements to Study Abroad
The Study Abroad Center reserves the right to determine participants' eligibility to study abroad. Students must have a completed study abroad application, including supportive recommendation form(s). Additionally, students must meet all of the following in order to be eligible to study abroad:
- Have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher at the time of application and maintain this cumulative GPA prior to departure and throughout the study abroad process
- If your cumulative GPA is lower than 2.5, submit the following to the Study Abroad Center (103 East Bartlett):
- Letters of reference from two academic contacts (e.g. academic advisor and former or current professor) supporting your pursuit of study abroad. If you are attending a faculty-led study abroad program, one of the letters must be from a course leader. However, if the program has two course leaders, only one of the letters can be from one of the course leaders.
- Must be over the age of 18 years old
- Must meet the course prerequisites (participation in the program is dependent upon meeting these)
- Must be in good standing with the university
- UNI's partner institutions may require additional eligibility requirements to be met, these vary from institution to institution. Please consult with the Study Abroad Center staff to discuss these additional requirements, if applicable.
- Applicants traveling to a region of a country or a country with an overall Travel Advisory Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or 4 (Do Not Travel) will not be eligible.