Travel Registry

UNI Policy 3.14 requires that all university personnel provide travel information if they plan to travel internationally for business purposes for any length of time.  

Student Travel

Students traveling outside of the programs administered by the Study Abroad Center (e.g., through School of Music, International Student Teaching, Athletics and others) must use this Travel Registry to provide their travel information.  

Please note that all students traveling abroad regardless of the type of program are required to purchase international health and travel coverage specified by the UNI Study Abroad Center. International health insurance and emergency services through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) provides cov­er­age for University of Northern Iowa students, faculty and staff traveling internationally. An exception will be given to non-UNI student that have a health/security insurance covered by their home institution. If you have questions about mandatory coverage, feel free to contact the Study Abroad Center.  

To register your travel, simply click on the button below that best matches your reason for international travel and answer a few questions. Please have a color copy of your passport and your travel itinerary available in electronic format:

Faculty & Staff Traveling on UNI Business/Activity

Please register your travel plans with the university so that your whereabouts will be known in the event of an emergency. Please have a copy of your passport and your travel itinerary available in electronic format.

Please note, within the Travel Registry, you will be asked to sign a waiver of liability and hold harmless agreement. This is a necessary part of the acceptance for involvement with the activity.